Thursday 17 December 2009

Barbie: Collector Juicy Couture Giftset - Gold Label Review


I'm not sure what Juicy Couture means; I've seen the brand shopping in high-end department stores and on the backsides of rich kids hanging around in the malls, so I'm sure it's some kind of darwinian offshoot of Tommy Hilfiger, Baby Phat and other luxury brands that came before them. To be fair, it's high-quality stuff, but until now I haven't been able to justify the expense of anything from this brand, no matter how "juicy" it is. However, now that they've branched out into Barbie, they're in my territory, and so I've added this set to my collection.

This set is a vast improvement over the first clownish-looking pair in brightly colored jogging suits. The dresses and jewelry are much more appropriate to the theme and the price point, and and it's all very top-notch, as you would expect JC to be. These dolls are a nightmare to debox and unless you want to display them in a certain way, I would suggest you leave them NRFB.

But if you do want to play with them, don't be afraid of them. You only get one life and you only get so much time, and if ripping those dolls out and playing with them is how you enjoy them, I say go for it. In fact, the black dress on the blonde is known to stain the doll, so sometimes taking something out to play with it can be a good thing.

Life is short. Play hard-- whether the boxes can stand it or not. :-)They're YOUR dolls. Play with them they way YOU want to play.Get more detail about Barbie: Collector Juicy Couture Giftset - Gold Label.

No comments:

Post a Comment